I have a BSc (Hons) Oriental Medicine from ICOM, East Grinstead, a full time, degree-level, qualification that includes the study of the western disciplines of anatomy, physiology and pathology. I also have a diploma in Solution based Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and I am a member of the General Hypnotherapy register.
My abilities have also developed as a result of my own broader life and professional experiences. Before retraining as a therapist, I spent a number of years working in high-pressure jobs in business and telecommunications roles, based in various different European countries. I also hold an IT masters degree and an MBA (Master in Business Administration).
Through my own journey, I have come to be an empathetic, accessible and successful therapist and teacher. I am passionate about continuing to develop my skills and I have studied with several international masters, undertaking extensive travel and internships worldwide.
And a little bit more about me…
I volunteered in the Namo Buddha H.S. School in Nepal in the Summer of 2015, treating up to 80 patients a day with Chinese medicine and Acupuncture.
In the summer of 2016, I then travelled to Japan, Taiwan and China for 2 months to gain further medical knowledge and experience.
I am also interested in Ayurveda, other folk and Herbal medicines, Nutrition, Yoga, Qi Gong, and martial arts.
Some pictures from my Nepal trip:
Education and Training
- BSc (Hons) in Acupuncture, ICOM (International College of Oriental Medicine), East Grinstead
- 3 years Diploma in Shiatsu Massage, European Shiatsu School, Brighton
- Face Acupuncture Rejuvenation Seminar
- Acupuncture for Gynaecology and Fertility Seminar
- Back-pain Management and Neck and Shoulder-pain Management
- Trigger/ Acupressure Point Therapy
- Auriculotherapy: Ear Acupuncture
- Medical Feng Shui
- Past life regression, London College of Clinical Hypnosis, London
- Chinese medical Psychiatry and Chinese medical Nutrition
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Solution Focused Psychotherapy and EFT level 1
- Registered Hypnotherapist within General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
Vilija Pascal at Lotus Clinic for Acupuncture and Hypnotherapy in Brighton and Hove in East Sussex is fully professionally insured.
Where I work:
I work at About Balance, 22, Gloucester place, Brighton, BN1 4AA, using calm and private treatment rooms. My clients come from Brighton, Hove, Worthing, Portslade, and all over East and West Sussex. Home visits are also possible by arrangement.